Monday, December 8, 2014

Grand Illusion Part II

I had a regular Friday off for the first time in ages and that helped a lot. I could hardly wait to get everyone delivered to the bus and school and get back home to sew.  I did the test block as recommended and adjusted my diamond before I cut all 200.   

I had fewer scraps to work with this week so I cut strips from yardage and the cutting went more quickly than last week.  Also, I did all the cutting first after my test blocks.  Last week I cut and sewed and cut and sewed.  I think this week was faster but more tedious. 

I can't wait to see how this is all going to come together. 
My goal was to get Part II done this weekend. I wasn't sure I could but I sacrificed a few things - housecleaning, Christmas decorating, prep for school - and got it done at the last minute.  Somehow it is easier to find an excuse to sew on the weekend than a work day!!
103 Part II units ready to go!!
It all still fits in the shoebox.

 Head over to  Quiltville to see how the others are doing.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting them all done over the weekend!

    They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you had so much fun with all the parts! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!