Monday, December 22, 2014

Grand Illusion Part 4

Friday I woke up long before the alarm - as usual - but I got up to check on the clue rather than try to get back to sleep. Since everyone else was asleep I worked on cutting first.  Got almost all the blue/neutral HST ready to sew before the alarm went off and it was back to reality.

As soon as I was able I was back at it. Had to finish the last 23 blocks for Part 3 before I could let myself start Part 4!!  Half of the 4x1 strips were already done so I was too close to put it off.  Good motivation. 
Made the test block. first.  Everything was fine so I went into a sewing frenzy to plow through them. I was super careful to always keep looking at the test block to keep things from getting mixed up. There were a few things I had to do but cooking dinner was not one of them so I actually managed to get all of Clue 4 done by evening!!  
Not sure which is which, but 40 of each!!

I know my family was relieved that on Saturday I got some housework done, got the room ready for College R's visit and even put up the Christmas tree!  

Head on over to Quiltville   to see how others are doing on the Mystery Quilt.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, that was quick! Congrats on being all caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!..won't be long now....I'm all set for #5 too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized clue Five is the day after Christmas. Perfect to stay home from the crazies shopping because as I stated before, It's all about the stitch, bout the stitch, no shopping.
    Great work keeping up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!