Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stash Report 120714

Lots organized. Lots done.  Lots out. Yeah.

Unexpected Trip Around the World that can also be seen  here.    2.75 yards
In a bag of misc scraps from a yard sale was a chunk of pre-sewn plaid squares.  I think you can buy it by the yard but not sure what it is called. I figured I would turn it into a hospice quilt top for the guild. In my new-found interest in cleaning up I decided to just do it and not put it away til later.  So glad I did.  I think it turned out rather nicely as the center and corners of this quilt and is all gone now along with a bit of stash for borders.   Unfortunately I could not come up with anything remotely good for backing for it.  1.25 yards
41" x 42"
Over Thanksgiving I gave several pieces of super cute outer space stars and planet fabric to my SIL to use for my nephew.  10 yards. 

And, in all honesty, in my cleaning and sorting I have actually thrown away some fabric due to stains and poor condition and donated some because it was not appropriate for quilts and I was unlikely to use it.  2 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 16 yards out in various forms
Total Used 2014: 107.74 yards
Fabric In This Week: 0 yards 
Total Bought/Received in 2014: 16.08 yards
Net Used 2014: 91.66 yards

I had really hoped to use 100 yards this year and I did!!  Now I would like to get to 100 net used.  It seems late in the game, but I am so close that it just might happen.  I know I made a baby quilt set in the fall and lost my detail notes so never did a stash report on it, so if I can recalculate that that will help too.

Head on over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with their stash.

2 comments:

  1. Great trip quilt. I have seen that fabric you used in your Hospice quilt, it made a very nice quilt, plus you were able to use up some bits of fabric. You have had a very productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Trip Around the World quilt is very eye catching. Love the colors you used. I'm impressed with your usage this week too. I didn't make my goal of using fabric this year, but plan to do better next year. Congrats on your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!