Sunday, June 30, 2019

Halfway through 2019

It is hard to believe that we are already at the halfway point of 2019.

Fabric In:  Different errands took me near my favorite thrift store several times this week.  Fortunately there was no quilting cotton to tempt me. 

Fabric Out: Lots out again.   I used up ALL the random brown precut squares.  The smaller 4.5" brown plaid squares went into this diagonal layout with additional squares cut from the stash to liven it up a bit.  1.46 yards

The larger 5.5" brown squares had me stumped for a bit since there were only 12 prints and 2 solids.  Then I found a scrap of brown and bright striped fabric in the stash.  That inspired me to add the brights for another D9P.  The hardest part was finding a fabric that would match how the brown stripes and gingham squares "read" light in the overall look.

I think it took me longer to find that particular fabric than to make the whole quilt.  I made the final border as large as I could with the little bit of the inspirational striped fabric that there was.  I never would have thought to put these colors together, but I really like the finished look.  1 yard for top



Backing & binding for the peach & aqua D9P that will go to my niece's baby girl.  2.14 yards

Backing & binding for the scrappy triangle quilt.  This one will go to Jack's Basket.  1.74 yards
And I squeezed in one more top.  A Bricks & Stepping Stones which is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter.  I did mine in a transportation theme.  Love it.
2.12 yards


Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 0 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 69.55 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  8.75 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 8.46 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 47.46 yds

Fabric Movement -  30.84 yards stashed 

Total Spent - $42.50
Price/Yard YTD - $0.54 / yard

Yet another good week.  Slowly working away at the stash.  I really thought on Sunday night that my sewing streak was over after using up the brown squares.  For once I was glad to walk away from the sewing machine.  But when I woke on Monday morning with a migraine but couldn't stop thinking about the math of a Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt I knew I was still in the game!

2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)
Kate from Life in Pieces has challenged us to try for 15 minutes each day of stitching. My summer schedule gives me a lot of extra time to sew so I am taking advantage and really enjoying it.  My numbers might seem a little off, but that is because I didn't start the challenge until May.

Days spent on sewing related tasks this week: 7/7
Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 29/29
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 56/60
Percentage of time on task: 93%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

6 comments:

  1. You've got some bright and fun projects in the works. Almost 9 yards out is definitely a good week. Enjoy your stitching time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll. Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly been a busy bee in your sewing space! You are making such progress in using up your stash! Your projects look fun and are definitely inspiring me to get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Great job on the stitching and using up stash. These are all great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great on both fabric out and minutes sewn. I like all your ways of using brown. I find it a hard color to include, unless it's in a repro civil war quilt, but you've given some inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have been greatly productive! Great job on making great progress on your stash usage. Keep up the great work on finding time to stitch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!