Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tasty Tuesday - Quiche

A co-worker brought mini quiches to an event this Spring and they were delicious.  The way she described it didn't sound too hard, so I thought I should try sometime.  We had leftover ham and assorted raw veggies after our family dinner in early June.  It seemed like the perfect time to try a quiche.
I see that smile!
Thankfully I had Little S to help me.  She made the crust while I prepped the filling.
Ham only, no veggies for Little S's personalized quiche!
Ham, peppers, and onions for the rest of us.
It was pretty labor intensive for a summer dinner, but since we ended up with another meal out of it that I can freeze I can accept that.
Lots of cheese.
I should have hidden some veggies under all that cheese!
Melted cheese!
Hot and delicious.
I think next time I would make a crustless quiche since that was maybe the hardest part.  And figure out a way that the cheese was more mixed all throughout not just melted on the top.  Maybe mix all the ingredients first and then pour, rather than the layers that this particular recipe called for. 

So I'm not going to give a recipe until I find one that I really like better, but overall this was a good experiment.








1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I mix the shredded cheese into the milk & eggs after they're whisked together. The top turns out like a custard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!