Saturday, July 20, 2019

Last Saturday Sewcial of the Summer

School starts for teachers on August 1, so this was the last Summer Saturday Sewcial at the Library.
We made lined tote bags.

Each participant brought their own fabric which lets us all "oooh" and "aaaah" over the beautiful finished products that are unique to each participant.
This is a good project to practice straight line stitching, pressing, turning, making boxed corners, right sides together and many other practical sewing techniques.
I checked out a few tote bag tutorials before the class and didn't find one that was detailed enough for my beginning beginners.  So I made some samples and wrote my own.  The Lined Tote Bag tutorial is HERE.  Check it out. The participants followed along with the printed tutorial even though I walked them through it step by step and it seemed to work well so I will add it to the blog.
Hopefully we will be able to meet again in September once school has settled down.  Zipper pouch is next on my radar!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!