Sunday, July 21, 2019

Stash Report - July 21, 2019

Fabric In: I got some pretty pink scraps at the thrift store.  Half yard $0.50.  I used self control and left lots of other fabric behind!  As summer (vacation, not temperatures!) draws to an end the reality is that I won't have much stitching time in the coming months and I have plenty of fabric to work with if I need.

Fabric Out: 

I finished the Ballerina Quilt.  Backing & binding.  1.48 yards

Finished the Scrappy Mountain Majesty baby quilt.  Backing & binding.  1.48 yards

Finished the Brown & Brights D9P.  Backing & binding.  1.48 yards

Sent 6 unfinished baby quilt tops + miscellaneous backing, binding and orphan blocks for donation to someone who will finish them and pass them on.  That is the most reasonable thing for me to do.   I really enjoy the piecing, but finishing is my weak point.  11 yards

Made a chair cushion for my sewing chair.  0.66 yards

Made an apron to send down to a niece in Guatemala.  0.5 yards

I also made 2 bags for College E to store/carry her 5 lbs weights.  I used old jean legs and they seem to be pretty sturdy.  But I had to make 2 to carry 10 lbs each.  20 lbs was too much to handle comfortably.  This is a much better arrangement than the shoe box she was using.  0.46 yards

I spent 10 hours over 3 days making 8 new dining table chair cushion covers for my sister.  The old ones had zippers in the back even though she had never taken them off to wash in upmteen years.  I suspected the zippers made finishing the covers easier than hand sewing the edge closed.  After making a sample that proved to be true.  The process went relatively quickly and most importantly I did not end up doing it at the last minute before going back to school so I was pleased.  Lots of time and learning involved, but not a drop of fabric from my stash used in the process. Too bad.

Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 0.5 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 70.5 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  14.37 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 17.06 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 72.02 yds

Fabric Movement -  12.85 yards stashed 

Total Spent - $43.25
Price/Yard YTD - $0.52 / yard

Realistically giving away what I will not use is working well.  I am okay with sewing for pleasure and giving away for pleasure as well.  When I need fabric for something specific I have no doubt that I will have what I need on hand!!  

2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)
Kate from Life in Pieces has challenged us to try for 15 minutes each day of stitching.  I worked hard on finishes this week.  I only missed Friday because I spent the morning with College E (we are running out of days), the afternoon with my sisters, and the evening at Buddy Break.  Sewing didn't even cross my mind until about 11:30 pm.  Nope.  Not happening.

My numbers might seem a little off, but that is because I didn't start the challenge until May.

Days spent on sewing related tasks since last report: 6/7
Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 18/20
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 75/81
Percentage of time on task: 93%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

4 comments:

  1. I love your projects. Isn't it interesting the things we end up making for our college kiddos? LOL
    Love your seat cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week for you! I only wish I could use fabric that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an eclectic variety of projects! Nice stash busters, too - except for your sister's chairs, of course. You are nice to do that. I would never do it, if my sister were begging on her knees. I don't sew anything but quilts - a pact I made when I left my poverty-stricken young married life behind. =) The most unusual thing was the weight bags - how clever of you to think of using the denim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sewing room chair cushion! Very fun. Lots of progress on many fronts. The bags for the weights are pretty cool. Enjoy the time with College E,I'm ready for our college girl to come home for a bit before the fall term gets going. Thanks for linking up with the 15 minute challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!