Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Trying for One Last Finish

I have a few days left of the Christmas vacation and now that the holiday excitement is over I am trying to sew enough to hold me for another few months.
Auditioning Borders
I pulled out some UFO blocks and discovered thankfully that they were farther along that I thought and I had even left myself a note of what the plan was.  So I cut the needed sashing and started webbing it together.  At that point I wasn't loving it, so I auditioned a few borders, but for the sake of time I didn't agonize over it.  I made another round of white sashing with turquoise setting stones.
I think I like this.
The narrow black border was made from some strangely shaped pieces that I cut and pieced.  I wasn't sure there would be enough, but I had a back up plan just in case.  Turns out there was more than enough!  Next is a pink border.
Covering up the mess!  The yellow walls make it seem very yellow.
Since the girls were all gone on New Years Eve I was able to sew, sew, sew.  I got the last borders on.  Done! 

Looking good on the banister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!