Thursday, January 2, 2020

Year In Review - Final Stash Report

Since I have a few more days off I will try to finish out the year with a final accounting of my sewing efforts.  Having a final accounting of the year helps me to focus better on using what I have on hand when I do sew.  And, I really just like working with numbers.

When I went back to school at the end of the summer my job went from associate teacher to lead teacher.  That was very good and very exciting, but also much more time consuming.  I knew from last school year that I just wouldn't have much time to sew and this year, even less with the added work responsibility.  Basically, my sewing time is non-existent now.  So I showed restraint and didn't buy much fabric at all since school started in August.  
Not too bad for 5 months!
Fabric In from my favorite thrift store:
Minions - 1.25 yds  75c
chevron flannel - 0.61 yds  50c
blue bees - 0.31 yds 25c
yellow w/ colored dots - 0.61 yds  50c
Winnie the Pooh blue - 0.67 yds 50c
red w/ stars - 0.4 yds 25c
orange on orange - 1.53 yds 75c
dog flannel - 0.61 yds 50c

Yard Sale Find:
pink butterflies - 2 yds 50c
green butterflies folded inside - 0.86 yds bonus!

Actual Purchase at the Fabric Store:
Univ of Florida fabric - 0.25 yds  $2

As expected I didn't use any of that fabric for my end of the year projects except the UF fabric.  That was bought specifically to make bean bags for one of the themed Corn Hole games my husband made for Christmas gifts.

Fabric (& other random stash stuff) Out:
24 bean bags for 3 Corn Hole games - 1.62 yards + box of poly pellets

6 aprons for daughters & their roommates - 3 yds + 2 pkg bias tape
Destined for Savannah.  The Charlotte aprons got packed before I got a photo.
birthday blues - gift of fabric to Little S's friend - 3 yds
D Carnival Quilt signature blocks - 1 yd
D Carnival Quilt hourglass blocks - 1 yd
G Carnival Quilt signature blocks - 1.2 yds 
G Carnival Quilt sashing strips - 2 yds
donated - 5.62 yds


End of the Year UFO flimsy:
sashing strips - 1 yd
setting stones - 0.10 yds
black border - 0.30 yds
pink border - 1 yd
UFO blocks -  4.2 yds

I had to go back 5 years to make sure I had not already counted out the UFO blocks, and no, I had not.  Woo hoo.  That helped my numbers.

FINAL REPORT for 2019

Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 9.1 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 79.6 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  14.37 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 25.04 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 97.06 yds

Fabric Movement -  3.09 yards used !!

Total Spent - $49.75
Price/Yard YTD - $0.53 / yard

I am going to count the year as a win.  More went out than came in.  In this new school year I recognized my limitations and mostly stayed within them.  I would like to find a way to sew more in 2020, but I'm just having too much of a learning curve and with professional development courses thrown in I don't see it happening.  

I do have to finish the Carnival auction quilts by March, so that is something to look forward to.  I had thought to work on them over the vacation, but with the notice that a new student is coming to the D class and the strong possibility that there will be a new student in the G class I figured I better hold off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!