Sunday, June 2, 2019

Leader and Ender Project Makes it to the Stash Report

Fabric In: My "no fabric" streak was bound to end eventually.  I went to an estate sale of an obviously crafty person.  I wish I had taken photos.  There was a smocking machine and its started projects.  Yarn and its related projects.  Very old Dresden plate rings just waiting to be sewn to squares.  Beautiful linens of every shape and size.  A biscuit quilt made from polyester! And a bin of fabric for $1/piece.  Fortunately most of it was cotton/poly blends or too small for $1.  I did get one piece that will make a nice backing for a baby or lap quilt.  1.75 yds  $1
Progress so far.
Fabric Out: I started working on my star idea as a leader & ender project, but since I hadn't sewn for pleasure in so long I ended up just sewing it up for fun.  I had enough precut triangles for 4 stars.  That was my starting point.  I pulled out my bins of strips and just pulled things out and made it up as I went.  I will keep adding borders, but for now I will count out what is already together.  0.87 yds

Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 1.75 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 47.95 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  8.75 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 0.87 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 22.69 yds

Fabric Movement -  34.01  stashed 

Total Spent - $36
Price/Yard YTD - $0.63 / yard

Still have that deep hole to work my way out of.  But with first full week of summer vacation starting this week and Little S out of town visiting Grown Up R all week I am confident that a lot of time will be spent sewing.  I am still tutoring 5 days/week, but that is easy to work around.

2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)

A day off, one more day of post school for teachers, and then catching up on all that had gotten put off the last few weeks.  What a week!  But before I got that far I had to finish my application and resume for a teaching position that was advertised on Friday weekend and had to be submitted by Monday.  

So I missed two days of sewing, but then I got to work on my stars.  Hopefully I will get into a rhythm of sewing during the summer.  Then my fabric outages and time spent sewing will improve.

Days spent on sewing related tasks this week: 5/7
Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 1/1
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 28/32
Percentage of time on task: 88%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time this summer. Good luck on finding a different teaching position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember how great the last days of school are! =) That's something I really don't miss, thought I would, but never have. It's good to be retired! Your scrappy stars is a great looking project. It looks like more than .87 yards. Don't the cut off bits count, too? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrappy stars! Looks like fun and relaxing stitching time. Hopefully you've had more time to stitch this week. Good luck with the resume submission. Thanks for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch last week. Sorry to be so late in catching up on replies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!