Sunday, June 23, 2019

Another Good Week

Fabric In:  I almost didn't get two 1-yard pieces of neutral fabric at the thrift store this week.  My baseline for thrift store fabric is $1/yard and these were a bit over so at first I put them back.  Then I came to my senses and realized that $1.25/yard for new 100% cotton fabric in a very useful neutral color was a good deal and would get used and I put them in the cart!!
The neutrals that almost weren't!

Fabric Out: Lots out again.  I got the yellow D9P blocks finished, but I haven't been able to find anything in the stash that works well as a border.  1.41 yards blocks sewn together without borders
Now to find a border.
During the the search for yellow border fabric the orphan blocks from my Scrappy Mountains Majesty from several years ago literally fell off the shelf and said "use me!"  So I did.  I figured out a simple layout and quickly made up the few extra blocks that I would need.  I had completely forgotten how easy that block is to make.  Even with making sure I had the mountains going the right way I got them made lickety split.  I added some simple borders and I absolutely love it.  1.39 yards top
One of my new favorites.
 Then I figured since I am using up what is on hand I should do something about the BOM blocks that have been hogging the design wall for over a year.  I joined the BOM challange with Jo's Country Junction in 2018 and got them made, but then stalled until now.  I tried to finish it like the picture, but that was much more complicated than I was interested in figuring out especially since I did not have the kit or directions for completing the quilt as shown.  So I ended up with a layout for a large baby/lap quilt.  I did a lot of unsewing as I figured out how to make the blue stripe work.  2.60 yards large top
BOM - Flimsy at last!
And with the 4 BOM blocks that did not fit in my new layout I made a smaller quilt with the remaining additional fabrics that I had used in the larger quilt.  More details on how all that came together later this week.  1.39 yards small top
No blocks left behind!
At the Saturday Sewcial class at the library we made table runners.  I made a sample that I will give my sister (didn't get a photo yet) and I took stash fabric for one of the students. 2 yards
S chose this stash fabric for her table runner.
I had an extra sewing class on Wednesday at the library with some friends and we made pajama pants.  It was a lot of fun.  College E went along and made a pair of "shorty pajamas" as my grandmother used to say.  0.5 yards


Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 2 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 69.55 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  8.75 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 9.29 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 39 yds

Fabric Movement -  39.3 yards stashed 

Total Spent - $42.50
Price/Yard YTD - $0.54 / yard

Another good week.  This has been a long time for me to stay "on task."  I am expecting myself to "crash" any day now, but until then I'll just keep sewing.  No big commitments this coming week, so I am going to keep enjoying my summer and sew as much as I can.  My kind of vacation.

2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)
I didn't have any trouble at all getting in 15 minutes of sewing related tasks this week.  Kate from Life in Pieces has challenged us to try for 15 minutes each day.  I am enjoying this vacation sewing.  My numbers might seem a little off, but that is because I didn't start the challenge in May.

Days spent on sewing related tasks this week: 7/7
Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 22/22
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 49/53
Percentage of time on task: 92%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have gotten a ton accomplished this week! Your stash numbers are looking terrific! I love your yellow D9P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot of projects to the flimsy stage this week. Great metrics on the stash and stitching time. Hope this week is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Quilts are lovely!!! And I adore those shorty pj's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great week for time and materials. =) Those shorty pajamas (my grandmother would have called them that, too) are darling, and so is your student model. Way to spread quilting to the younger crowd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!