Sunday, June 16, 2019

Fabric is Moving Out!!

Fabric In: Nothing in this week.  Whew!!  I needed a "ZERO" week.
A line full of flimsies!!
Fabric Out: Lots out!  The professional development class I took last week had NO HOMEWORK!!  And I really enjoyed it, so despite the 45 minute drive each way I was not too wiped out when I got home.  So I got to sew each day.  I am concentrating on emptying my drawer of miscellaneous triangles and squares.  Something about the puzzle of it draws me to it even though it is likely the slowest way to work through the stash.  But with no deadlines or definite projects in mind, I enjoy it.

Lilac and White D9P flimsy 2.14 yards

Peach & Aqua D9P flimsy 2.08 yards

Red, White and Blue flimsy 2 yards

I also got another D9P cut out with all the yellow squares, but it isn't sewn yet.  That gives me a "go to" project this week.  I'm not sure what I will do with these, but I am enjoying the process.

Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 0 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 67.55 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  8.75 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 6.22 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 29.71 yds

Fabric Movement -  46.59 yards stashed 

Total Spent - $40
Price/Yard YTD - $0.52 / yard

I definitely made progress this week.  If I can keep up this momentum I might get back into the black this year.  If I could make myself finish some of the larger WIPs that would help as well.  Little S will be gone at church youth camp next week and I have no huge commitments so I am hopeful for another good week.

2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)
I didn't have any trouble at all getting in 15 minutes of sewing related tasks this week.  Kate from Life in Pieces has challenged us to try for those 15 minutes each day.  Now that school is out I am able to get my 15 minutes in pretty easily.

Days spent on sewing related tasks this week: 7/7
Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 15/15
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 42/46
Percentage of time on task: 91%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You did have an excellent week on the stash busting and stitching time. Those professional development classes can be exhausting. Hope this next week is as good or even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Those tops will come in handy one day when you need a quilt in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a great week. I've been busy, just not finishing anything. LOL I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finished flimsies! So pretty and varied! I heard somewhere that one lady lays her finished quilts on her guestroom bed. Then, when it's time to gift a quilt, she invited the recipient to her home to choose the quilt she would like! I really like that idea! Happy sewing your yellow D4P!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did well on time and on fabric, both. I love your finishes. If someone doesn't come along with a need, you can always donate them, but they are wonderful finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!