Friday, June 28, 2019

Five Friday Finishes!

I have all stages of finishes this week.  Some more flimsies as I work through the various scraps and precuts that are floating to the surface and some real finished finishes!

I took a deep breath and quilted some of the tops I had made over the last few weeks.  I like the piecing.  I like binding.  But I do not like quilting.  They don't finish themselves though.


The pretty peach & aqua D9P I finished first so that I can gift it to my niece for her new baby girl when we see her in Guatemala later this summer.  It is just oozing "little girl", so I think it will be perfect.  I pieced batting scraps to use in this one.


Then I dug into another bag of batting scraps and found one that was the perfect size for the scrappy quilt that started me down this path of using up the random precuts and scraps and making whatever came to mind.  I did not love the plaid backing as much when it was done as when I envisioned it, but done is good.

I also got 2 more tops made using squares from the random scrap drawer.
The smaller brown plaids, which also used additional fabric from the stash to complement the plaid.


The larger brown geometrics which took a bit to figure out, but I am please with the result.  Never would have thought to put these colors together with the browns, but it works.  I found a piece of leftover batting just the right size for this one, so it is next to be quilted.

And I had made another top just because.  I saw Bonnie Hunter's Bricks & Stepping Stones done in bright children's fabric and it gave me an idea.  I had been given some scraps that were a strange shape, but would produce mostly rectangles when trimmed.  Bricks & Stepping Stones seemed like the perfect way to showcase them - and it's a free pattern.  I was able to use all transportation fabrics and solid yellow and it went together very quickly.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!