Monday, December 18, 2017

Design Wall Monday - Carnival Quilt 2018

I actually have a design in the works.  For the past few years I have made one or two quilts to auction at Little S's elementary school each Spring.  You can check out all the past quilts:  2017 B, 2017 D, 2016 W, 2016 D, 2015 D, 2014 D.  That was a fun trip down memory lane going back and looking them up.
a paper plan

Anyways, Little S has now moved on to middle school, but the teacher who got me started is still at the elementary school, so I agreed to make another this year.
a few greens here

A few weeks ago I got the white squares back that the students had designed.  I am wanting to do something a bit different this year.

and a few more greens here
She suggested green and I have plenty of green since one of College E's college choices had green as their predominate color and I thought I was clever stocking up.  Check out this post to see what I ended up making for her that definitely was not green!

testing the design
My plan is a variation of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Two Step quilt for the main block.  I think I will only have one fabric instead of two around each of the white blocks.  Since it is a "signature" quilt I don't want to take too much attention away from the kids' squares.

Linking up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to show what's in the works!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Please edit your post to have your link go to:
    http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2017/12/design-wall-monday-december-18-2017.html

    (I don't know if you know it, but your link circles right back to your blog post.)

    I love the quilt you are making with all of the children's designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!