Friday, August 11, 2017

May Your Compass Always Point North - Finished

One of the biggest challenges for me - ever!

May Your Compass Always Point North
The compass, calculating the black borders, floating the stars, planning the ribbon border, the quilting, just about everything.

Happy "client"!
 I am pleased with all that I accomplished and learned along the way.

Corner detail
You can read the story of this quilt HERE
Lots of math, but it worked!!

There are definitely things I would do differently if I ever did it again, but overall I am satisfied.  
Good for bundling
Middle E is thrilled with it and that's what really matters.
Dedicated to Abuelito & Grandma

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes. 



5 comments:

  1. That is stunning! You should enter it into a show, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt! I love the detailed piecework. And I know you are pleased she likes it; what a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,
    WOWEEEE. This just looks incredibly hard, and absolutely perfect. It stresses me out just to think about trying a pattern so difficult. You did a fabulous job, and I agree - you should enter it into a show. Hands down winner, for sure. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt! Sometimes the quilts that are the most painful end up being the most loved. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!