Sunday, January 21, 2018

Stash Report 012118

Fabric In: I haven't been to the thrift store since school started back up and I went back to work.  Two whole weeks!!  I broke down and headed over on Saturday afternoon since it was on my way to a few other errands.  The other errands were a bust, but the thrift store was great.  It looked like the craft room had just been stocked.  Lots of new scrapbooking supplies and new fabrics at good prices.  I don't have anything specific in mind since I am trying to finish things, but solids are always good and the red plaid will work for Dear Jane.  I have another FQ exactly like this one, so I thought that maybe with 2 I'd turn them into something. $3 for 8.32 yards  No regrets.

Latest haul from the thrift store.
The brown and yellow bundles each had 3 perfect yards (not scraps and no chunks cut out of them) and were $1 each.  The red was also a perfect yard for just $0.25!!  The white was actually 2 different white pieces and was just over 1 yard total for $0.25.

Fabric out made the fabric coming in was easier on my conscience.  I finished piecing the backing for the Boxy Stars quilt.
I love the plaid backing.

Now I am slowly working on getting it quilted.

Only 2 rows of stars left.  Making progress.
Fabric Purchased this week: 8.32 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 13.13 yards


Fabric Used this week: 4.75 yards for Boxy Stars backing
Fabric Used YTD: 14.39 yards

Total: 1.26 yards used

I have been trying very hard to get 15 minutes of sewing in every day.  The first week back to work was easier and I got a bit done every evening after dinner.  This week I had a huge project for work that I was working on in the evenings.  Some evenings I got in the 15 minutes anyways, but by Friday I was pooped.  Worked on the big project til after 9 pm and then hit the sack.  Overall it is making me more aware of trying to get some sewing time in.  Even the nights that I sewed the bare minimum I made noticeable progress.

Days stitched this week: 6/7
Days stitched this month: 19/20
Days stitched this year: 19/20
Success Rate: 95%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate to stay accountable with the stash and Life in Pieces to keep sewing every day.

8 comments:

  1. Small amounts of time make a big difference in the long run. Great thrift finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our thrift store. The ladies know me now and check on my progress. I have them fooled into thinking that I use up everything I buy right away so I need more!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the stash management this week, something in, but still in the black for the year. Finding the time and energy some evenings after work is hard, it's even harder when you bring work home. You still had a solid week. It's easy to focus on when you miss and not realize just how good you did the rest of the week. Hopefully next week is calmer on the work front. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually watched the clock one evening and was surprised how fast the time went and how much I accomplished. I also realized that missing a day is not the end of the world. The idea is to be more intentional about sewing not beat myself up when I can't. The 15 minute goal is very motivating.

      Delete
  3. You find the best things at your thrift store!
    Good work at stitching almost every day. It really does add up over the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever in Jacksonville, Florida check out BEAM Thrift on Shetter. They have a dedicated craft room!!

      Delete
  4. What great finds from the thrift store. Your boxy stars quilt look very pretty and the binding will be more "outgoing" fabric.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxy Stars is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter. It was fun and easy. I am excited to have it almost done. It is one of those patterns that I would happily make again if I didn't have so many other projects in the works.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!