Saturday, January 6, 2018

BOM Challenge


I took the BOM Challenge!!

This BOM was actually my sister's.  She thought she wanted to learn to make a quilt - at least 15 years ago I would guess.  My mother and I got her this BOM kit set since it was pre-cut and that would make it easier.  Well, she never even started and on one of her recent moves she gave it back to me.
Find the project - CHECK!

I couldn't remember what the details were on the BOM Challenge, but I had time after New Year's before I went back to work and figured I'd just at least make Month 1.  Little S helped get it all out.
Find Month 1 - CHECK!

A few months are missing.  A few months have duplicates.  Little S also helped me figure out where the duplicates can be used and how to fill the gaps.  It all seems very doable.  Little S thought she could even do it, but she went back to her book and left me to the sewing.
A little history to go with the block - FUN!

Wow, pre-cut made it a breeze.

No decision making at all - EASY PEASY!


Month 1 - DONE!
Eliza's Star - FINISHED!

Linking up to Jo's Country Junction to join the BOM Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the joann boms- I don't think I have this one:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of their kits (all months) in the stash as well. It's a couple of projects back still, but maybe Jo (or someone else) will continue this challenge after we all finish our current ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!