Sunday, January 7, 2018

Stash Report 010718

Fun Facts from 2017

I kept track of enough details in 2017 to be able to calculate my price/yard across the year.  I get quite a bit of fabric free or very cheap and I rarely buy fabric at a regular store unless I need it for something very specific.  I love numbers so I went back "mathed" it. 

I brought a total of 147.9 yards of fabric into my home at a cost of $54.02, which made my fabric in 2017 cost $0.37/yard.    That was fun!!

First Stash Report of 2018

Unfortunately, fabric already came in.  I blame it on the thrift store.  Once I go back to work there won't be as many trips over that way, so there is hope for the future.
Fun fabric roll!

When I unrolled the light blue to measure it out came this cute vehicle FQ as a bonus!
This is really light blue and the surprise FQ also.

I went through a lot of my browns making Dear Jane blocks over the vacation.  I'm trying to make each block from a unique fabric and not have duplicates, so this brown for $0.25 caught my eye.  It ended up being almost 1.5 yards.

4.81 yards for $1.75

Fabric Out: Since I had over a week without going to work and it was too cold to go out much I got a lot done on the sewing front.  I tried really hard to finish things that were started, specifically things that were stalled because of difficulties of any sort.  Mentally I was trying to lift the burden of those projects to free me up to sew something fun and easier when my time is limited in the future.


I got the Alligator Baby Quilt completely finished.  I was struggling with the quilting and I'm not completely happy with it, but it's done.  I can count out the backing and binding.  3 yards
Alligator Quilt

I also got this cute little one finished.  I bought it at the thrift store a few weeks ago.  $4 for the finished quilt with batting and backing, in a large wooden hoop, partially hand quilted.  I figured I could finish it by machine and then I'll have a cute baby quilt on hand.  So little was hand quilted that I just machine quilted in a meander over it and didn't bother to remove the stitches.  I can later if they bother me.  I never counted this in because I couldn't figure out how, but I can count out the binding now.  0.29 yards.
Cute little baby quilt

Once those were bound I reached to the next one on the pile.  This time last year I worked on this cute bright quilt then set it aside.  Apparently I had planned for the next round of borders, since it was all folded together, but hadn't sewn them.  I had to piece the circle fabric carefully since the pieces were not long enough.  While I had momentum I quilting it and got it bound.  This will make a super cute baby quilt to have on hand.  Outer Border, backing and Binding 3 yards

My favorite so far!

Fabric Purchased this week: 4.81 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 4.81 yards

Fabric Used this week: 6.29 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 6.29 yards

Total: 1.48 yards used

Linking up to quiltpaintcreate to stay accountable.












4 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the fabric you get at the thrift stores. You make some wonderful quilts. Good start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable baby quilts and will work for boys or girls. Great thrift finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did great with your thrift shop finds. I love that you got so much fabric for .37 cents/yard. Your baby quilts are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you do a great job of containing fabric costs. That's a pretty astounding average cost figure. Congrats on all the progress so far this year. You've gotten off to a great start on those UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!