Friday, January 2, 2015

Getting Them Done at Last

Motivated by quilting Dakota's Quilt  and getting it done and the idea that I CANNOT start something new I set out to get some of the tops I have quilted.

This one was really just a panel that turned up in the cleaning/organizing.  My boss says she will use it for Sunday School lessons.  I didn't use any batting since it does not need to be warm or fluffy or anything at all.

I backed it in flannel with clouds and it is kind of reversible.  She can use the 3D figures on one side and flannel forms on the other side.

Then there was the Cow Quilt that Mama Cristy made for Little S and gave her when we were in Guatemala back in June.  Little S made the  cow quilt backing   and that is as far as we got.  I used a variegated green thread on the top and back and I think it worked fine.

Mama Cristy sent back a  pink heart quilt top   for College R.  She had me help her finish it while we were in Guatemala and not until the very end told me who it was for.  Sneaky.
College R picked the backing.  Used up that piece almost completely - yeah!  I used white thread on this so as not to distract from the design.

This used a Frankenbatting that I worked on one day while the girls were out.  It was kind of a personal challenge to see if I could use up all the batting scraps and if it would be big enough for this quilt.  Yes!!  and Yes!!

But then the girls gave me the Dear Jane book for  Christmas and all bets are off on me coming up for air to do anything productive again!  Those little blocks are addictive.  I definitely need to do some rearranging so I can actually reach the design wall now!
Linking up with  Crazy Mom Quilts   and Confessions of a fabric addict  to show off the first finishes of 2015 - or maybe the last finishes of 2014!

1 comment:

  1. You have been very productive indeed. Lovely quilts, lots of pretty little Dear Jane blocks, and I love that you have created a piece of Frankenbatting large enough to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!