Sunday, January 4, 2015

Stash Report #1 for 2015

2014 was my first year as a blogger.  I started so that I could have a bit of accountability in using up the stash.  I am not a shopper by nature, so there was not a lot coming in, but I needed to make more of an effort to get it moving out.  It worked and I had a tad over 100 yards net used for 2014 - and I cannot even notice a difference on the shelves.   Maybe I had used that much in 2013 or 2012 also, but actually seeing the numbers made a big difference in me feeling productive. 

My personal rules were/are that I can report fabric as used if I complete all of a single step of a project - all the A blocks, B blocks, sashings, borders, pieced back, etc.  You get the idea.  Between work and life I usually only get to sew in short spurts with an occasional Saturday morning thrown in.  Reporting this way allowed me to have little bits of progress more often rather than wait forever for a complete finish/accounting.   It was motivating and worked for me, so for 2015 I am going to do it that way again.

I took advantage of the time off and worked hard between Christmas and New Year.  I really wanted to finish up some things and I succeeded -  partially.  Three smallish quilts quilted, but not bound.  Some of the fabric was already reported, but some not!  Fabric moving out to start the year makes me happy.

Funny Christmas Story:  Sr. G gave me a gift card to Joann's for Christmas.  Since I am trying not to enhance the stash I was not as happy as he thought I would be.  I did figure I could use it to get batting to actually finish some quilts!


Fabric Used This Week:  3 yards  backing for College R's quilt + 2 yards for Bible Playmat
Total Used 2015:   5 yards
Fabric In (Bought/Received) This Week: 0 yards 
Total In 2015: 0  yards
Net Used 2015:  5 yards

Linking up to Patchwork Times  for the first Stash Report of the year. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Something to report as used and the year has hardly started. Good job!! Gift cards to JoAnn's are always good for notions. I know because I just had to spend a bit at JoAnn's for blades, thread, and ribbon. I like the pink and blue quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way to start the year! And you could always get blades for the rotary cutter, cutting mats, etc. I could certainly find something to use it on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent $157 at Joann's this week -- but no fabric! Batting and thread. (The 25%-off-entire purchase deals are too good to pass up.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!