Friday, June 27, 2014

Guatemala Finishes

My MIL asked me to help finish a quilt she had started in a group and not finished. She had the rail fence pieces that coordinated and she wanted them for an outer border but couldn't figure out getting it together. She had a BIG box of scraps that we convinced her to let us dig into so I found enough of the right pinks to get the missing small squares border done.
There was not enough of the bright pink so I made an "executive decision" and unsewed the solid pink border that was already on 2 sides and added the blue border instead. I could tell she wasn't sure about that but when the rail fence blocks showed up so well as the next border she understood.  We scrounged up enough bits and pieces to make two more rail fence blocks.  Then the blue 9-patches in the corners and it was just right.

I thought it was for my MIL, but on our last day she gave the top to me for my College Girl R.  What a nice surprise!  I will finish it and get it to her.   I really like working on projects together.  We each do a part and then we are all part of it.  I was very happy to be able to be sewing with my MIL even for just a short time.  

I had some other finishes in Guatemala and will show them as I get caught up.

Linking up finishes with confessions of a fabric addict
and  Crazy Mom Quilts and richard and tanya quilts

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's impressive. It's not easy finishing someone else's project, especially the digging in a box part. I think the blue border looks good. Congrats

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!