Friday, January 31, 2014

It's Friday and I Finally Finished ...

Not the whole quilt, but at least the stars.  The stars went very quickly once I started.  I don't think they would have gone this quickly way back when I picked this pattern and started that one block.  I have learned a lot since then and I think my quilts are coming together faster and more accurately.  If there was a turning point I would have to say it was following following Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog and then attending the Bonnie Hunter Smith Mountain Morning class.  I started to really put into practice what I had read and seen and it all clicked.

So after just 2 weeks I have gone from here to finishing the 32 stars.  Amazing productivity for me.  Now to start on the blue alternating blocks.  But I really need to quilt the pink & purple baby quilt.  It is headed to Guatemala for a future niece and I have to get it done in time to get there.

See some other finishes at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
and Crazy Mom Quilts


1 comment:

  1. Those look terrific together! Now I have to go looking for the finish. Thanks for using tags!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!