Friday, January 3, 2014

It's Friday and I Finally Did It!


It took 3 years, but I finally climbed the St Augustine Lighthouse.  Good thing it took so long, because 3 years ago Little S would not have been tall enough to get past the gate keeper.  Very cold for Florida and scary windy at the top, but worth all 219 steps!  The girls were all good sports about humoring their mother and I think they enjoyed it as well.

There were many comparisons to the Assateague Lighthouse which we climbed 2.5 years ago.  Mainly that the St Augustine Lighthouse had a much more open stairway which was more than a little frightening.  Definitely a good outing and one that we will surely repeat since as county residents we got free passes for a whole year with our paid entrance today.


Here's the pack rat connection: I know that in my box of unfinished projects I have a single paper pieced lighthouse quilt block that is about 10 years old.  The plan was to make blocks for the different lighthouses we have climbed or visited.  I think there is already even lighthouse fabric to sash it with.  I wanted to adapt the colors so that each block would look like the actual lighthouse.  Now, to find that block and pattern and make at least one more!

I have a had a few finishes lately so maybe it is time to drag out a long lost UFO.  Is it really a UFO if there is only one block?!

1 comment:

  1. You could make a pillow with it, then it wouldn't be a ufo. =) Found you through Judy's stash report.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!