Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stash Report 011214

My helper was barely able to hold it in the wind.
Some change since last week.  Got the borders on!!!

For the backing I have a plan to use some white & pink flowery fabrics that I have tucked away since I am a packrat and save everything!  I know I will not use it for anything else since I don't even like them, so in my effort to use it up this year I will use them in a pieced backing.


Since it seems to take me a good while to finish things due to lots of demands for my time, I thought about how to report fabric used.  If I wait until a project is all done progress will be so slow I will probably be frustrated.  I know that this is not the time in my life for lots of sewing, so I am content with sewing in short bursts as I am able.  So I decided that to see progress I would report fabric as used when that step in the overall project is finished.  So this week I can report the borders as done and fabric used.

Fabric Used: 1.2 yards from stash for pink/purple baby quilt borders - plain & piano keys
Fabric Bought: 0 yards
Total Used 2014: 3.5 yards

I have never before stopped to do the math - even though I really do love math - on total fabric used to make a quilt.  It is amazing to me that all those little squares and triangles and rectangles added up to 3.5 yards.  Good thing it was all from stash - but I can't even tell it is gone!!

The design is just 16 squares of Bonnie Hunter's Tumalo Trail from her book Scraps & Shirttails II.

Check out how others are doing with their stash at Patchwork Times.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the piano border you added to your quilt. What a great quilt for a girl. We all count our out fabric differently - no right or wrong way. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful quilt again! I report as I use. It helps me stay on task and keep using and resist most buying. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!