Sunday, January 30, 2022

Stash Report 013022 - Lots Going On

Since I finished all the UFOs on hangers, I am now working my way through the drawer of WIPs.  I thought there were just parts in there, but I found an old top of my mother's.  The backing fabric was with it, so I squared it up and took it for quilting.  It was small enough that for a minute I considered quilting it myself, but I knew it would be prettier if the ladies at Dragonfly Quilting did it for me!  


For some odd reason, I remember this quilt from when we lived in Guatemala, so it is at least 11 years old, but probably older because she wasn't doing this kind of work for years before that.  The green is an odd "slippery" fabric that was hard to work with - another reason not to quilt it myself.  My mother was an enthusiastic quilter and always willing to try something new.  We are guessing this is the result of a class or workshop that she took.  As far as I know this is the only thing she made like this.  The pieces of the pineapple are folded before being sewn together.  The folds are uniform enough to be deliberate - not accidental.  


Since it was in my stash I am now counting it out!

There was new fabric at the thrift store, but the prices were too high and nothing caught my eye - and I don't need anything, so nothing came home.

Fabric In This Week: 0 yards

Fabric In YTD: 6.04 yards

Fabric Out This Week: 2.85 yards for front and back of pineapple quilt

Fabric Out YTD: 5.9 yards

Stash Movement: 0.14 yards in

As far as time spent sewing .....  

100 finished masks
I was busy this week.  I'm still working on the kid masks for Teacher E's kindergarteners, but the end is definitely in sight.  As of Saturday night, less than 50 to go and they just need the last stitching around and adding the elastic.  
100 to go early in the week

The fun sewing this week was at school.  The Spring Carnival is coming up, so it is time to make an auction quilt!  I went back and forth on a design and decided to just keep it simple.  I cut 6.5" white squares for the students to design and alternating squares out of a fun batik with dragonflies.  I took the sewing machine to school and the kids sewed their squares to a batik square.  They loved the experience - as expected.  I'll sew the rows together into a top and then take it all back another day so they can do some quilting stitching.  

Slow and steady!

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing this week: 7/7

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in January: 29/30

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in 2022: 29/30

Percentage: 97%

Linking up to Kate's Life in Pieces to share progress and stay accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!