Saturday, January 1, 2022

Sewing Goals for 2022

Nothing too complicated.

1) I want to keep moving forward on my drawer of bits & pieces. 
Drawer of bits & pieces

2) Since I made huge progress with my flimsies that needed quilting last year and I now have no big projects in the works, I thought maybe I'd start a big something new. But so far nothing has struck me that I really, really want to commit to. 

3) Over Thanksgiving I got out my travel stitching for the drive from Florida to North Carolina. I usually work on the birth announcement cross-stitch for Little S. She is 15 years old, so it is time to be finished. But I only work on it when traveling, and I don't watch TV, so it hasn't moved forward much lately. I also worked on it over Christmas (also in North Carolina) and made enough progress that I think with a little bit of effort I could finish it this year. 
Little S's Cross-Stitch

4) Dear Jane also came out at Thanksgiving. That is another project that usually only comes out when I need hand stitching - road trips and hunkering down for hurricanes. We have not had any hurricanes lately - thank goodness for that. When I looked over my progress I realized that most of what is left can be done by machine or at least started on the machine. I made several blocks over Thanksgiving - by hand and machine - and figured if I do a few each month that is forward progress. 
Dear Jane rows A-J

5) Keep working with the stash on hand. The last two years I have made a dent in the stash - by numbers, not by visible change in the piles! I will try to stick with not buying any new fabric unless absolutely necessary. I have one project from the drawer that I don't see how to finish with what is on hand, but maybe I just need to look harder. 
Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy

6) I'd like to get back to blogging. I like the creative outlet and I need to not let teaching take every bit of my time.  I now have a personal computer again, so that will help.  I was hesitant to use my work computer for much personal stuff and I know that is part of why I wasn't writing and posting.

 I think all of that is pretty reasonable. 

 Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!