Sunday, April 2, 2017

Stash Report 040217

Cleaning Closets

I was offered a side job at work. With Middle E headed to college I'll take any extra work I can get.
The church intern office has 7 LARGE closets which store everything from the costumes and props for the annual living Bethlehem (cast of 200+) to leftovers from previous VBSs and anything in between. So my new task is to rearrange the Bethlehem stuff into the least accessible closets and consolidate/organize/remove whatever is in the other closets.  I have a very good working knowledge of what will get used and what won't and also who can use things that we can't, so this is a good job for me.  The interns and my boss would just throw it all away, which doesn't sit well with me.

During the job description walk through my boss pulled out a bin labeled "fabric" with the comment, "You might be interested in this personally."  Hmmm.  Does she know me or what?!
Freshly Washed
When I got home I separated the usable quilting cottons from the other fabrics. Since I had no idea where it had already been or for how long I washed it all right away.  
Measured and folded
What a haul!  Great colors that are sure to be useful.  I'm already envisioning the purple as sashing or borders for the Boxy Stars.  But who knew that such a short stack would add up to more than 15 yards!!

It's going to take me a while to dig myself out of this hole.  But what a wonderful
hole to be in!!
What a cute zipper pouch!

Some fabric did go out.  I made this cute little zipper pouch for Little S to gift at a birthday party next weekend.  I see more of these in the future.

Fabric Purchased This Week: 0 yards

Fabric Purchased YTD: 24.78 yards

Fabric Acquired This Week: 15.23 yards free from the intern closet
Fabric Acquired YTD: 15.23 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 0.32 yards 
Fabric Used YTD: 27.86 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 12.15 yards stashed

Definitely not the right direction, but I can't turn down free fabric.

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is hard to turn down free fabric, and those are very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!