Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Finish

I had cut the sashing strips last week when I needed something mindless to do.  So when I had some real time on Sunday afternoon I was able to just lay it out and web it together. It went very quickly.
It's a Flimsy

It helped that I didn't agonize too much over whether it was perfect or not.
Oops

Try as I might I saw some of the same fabrics "too close" to each other when it was all done.
Double Oooops

I didn't even think about unsewing and turning the block around.  I am only moving forward.
Needs some ironing

Then I moved on to borders.  I would have liked something with turquoise, pink and purple in it, but alas nothing like that in the stash.  I also thought about a pieced border, but maybe it is busy enough or maybe I am lazy.
Just enough blue in the pink stripe

After auditioning a huge variety if fabrics I ended up with the pink stripe as an inner  border.  More auditioning and ended up with the outer purple border that was just the right size print and shade of purple. I am pleased.

Showing off finishes with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!