Monday, April 10, 2017

Design Floor

Boxy Stars are out again.

I've been thinking about the sashing, but didn't have the right fabric for what I had in mind, which was kind of shocking.  So I decided to go with just plain white.  I have tons of that from the rummage sale a while back and it makes no sense not to use it for this even if it is Plan B.
Layout #1

I also thought about the setting squares and for once did not agonize over if it was perfect or not.  I just went with the turquoise.  Turns out I had exactly enough of that particular fabric to get them all out of the same fabric, which I think helps to unify to scrappiness of the stars.
Layout #2

Now to figure out a border.  I will have to let it marinate for a while and something will come to me.  I am definitely not a "figure it all out ahead of time" person.  That is a problem sometimes are work since we teach in teams of two.  Oh well.
Layout #3 - and this wasn't the last!

Check out some other Design Walls over at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I think that turquoise is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the sashing and turquoise the top looked (to me) as a pink mish. After I could see the other colors. I really like that top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good way to describe what was happening. I like it a lot better now also.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!