Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Finish 092917

Still More Pillowcases

We had more ladies show up to sew pillowcases this week.
Newcomer Lisa took advantage to give her daughter a sewing lesson.

Tuesday we got 4 completely finished and 3 partway.  Not bad for 1.5 hours and lots of distractions.  It was lots of fun and reminded me so much of the sewing group we had in Guatemala.

Miss Lauren's mother-in-law's friend got put to work ironing.
Wednesday my other sister (not the one who sewed with me before Hurricane Irma hit) joined us.  We finished the 3 from Tuesday and got 4 more done for a total of 11.   Woo hoo!!
Wednesday Miss Anna is back at the machine along with my sister.

Pretty sure it was 32 all together.  Not bad for an impromptu project.
Separately I finished 2 more to send to the siblings of Middle E's best friend in college.  Middle E's college was evacuated for Hurricane Irma and they couldn't come to us because we were also under evacuation order (even though at the last minute we didn't go and we were okay except for loss of power for a few days) so the friend's mother came to get them (a trip that normally takes 4 hours took all night) and they went to her home for 10 days!!! before the dorms opened again.  I figured the siblings deserved some sort of prize for sharing their home unexpectedly for so long.
Heading to a special pair of sisters.

So all in all a good week for pillowcases.  We will meet again in 2 weeks to sew more.  I have 10 more cut and ready to go.  Digging deep into my mother's stash now and my sister brought me a bit as well.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Getting the young ones involved is such a great idea. And I LOVE the photo of all the pillowcases hanging outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!