Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tasty Tuesday - Cheese Dreams

This is a recipe from my childhood.  I remember my mother making these. She probably found the recipe in a magazine or newspaper.  Maybe my sister has it still in the box of Mommy's recipes.

I vaguely remember she made them with a large slice of tomato between the bacon and cheese.  Not happening with my veggie-phobic crowd.

Also, the original used split English muffins.  I often use leftover hamburger buns and the result it nearly the same.  Really, who can taste anything else under bacon and cheese!!
Cheese Dreams!

CHEESE DREAMS
from the kitchen of Sally Fazenbaker

Cook bacon

Toast English muffins or hamburger buns

Place strips of bacon on muffin/bun.  Cover with slice of cheese - we prefer cheddar.

Optional: slice of tomato between bacon and cheese.

Broil on high about 5 minutes.  Watch so they don't burn.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I learned to make Cheese Dreams in Grade 7 Home Ec. White bread. Cheez Whiz. Cooked crumbled bacon and then under the broiler for a short time. I used to love these made with rye bread, the staple at our house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!