Sunday, September 24, 2017

Stash Report 092417

Fabric Out - Again!

We got 6 pillowcases made at school on our two "learn to sew" days.
Day 1 with Miss Lauren

They were the perfect project for straight line stitching.  
Day 2 with Miss Anna

My contribution on Saturday.

We have a friend in Madrid, Spain whose mother was hit by a car recently.  She is in the hospital in serious condition.  This pillowcase will not go to Houston, but will go to Spain personalized just for her.  Hope it brightens the hospital room a bit.
I need to work on my spacing, but for my first try it's not bad.

Fabric In - But With a Reason!

I've been looking for a heavier/decorator weight fabric to make children's aprons for my classroom this year.  I changed classes this school year and the aprons I had made years ago stayed with the previous class.  We have some Dollar Store aprons in the new classroom, but they are not nearly as good as homemade.  Aprons will be another good "learn to sew" project in the future.  $3 for 4.5 yards at my favorite thrift store.
Green on Green with almost a denim feel. 


Fabric Purchased This Week: 4.5 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 51.17 yards


Fabric Acquired This Week:   0
Fabric Acquired YTD: 18.98 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 13.32 yards for 12 completed pillowcase
Fabric Used YTD: 72.9 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 2.75 yards used

I'm glad the pillowcases are getting me out of the red, but I'd rather there wasn't a need for them.

Staying accountable with quiltpaintcreate.

7 comments:

  1. That fabric will make cute aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillow cases. I need to think about that process and send some off to Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pillowcases! The one for Abuela will be much appreciated! How thoughtful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to make the pillowcases - I am sure they will be appreciated by all the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for staying in the used category! The pillowcases are great. Are these art aprons you are making? That's a great looking fabric and color for some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pillow cases. Hope your friend's mother is doing much better. That green will make some pretty aprons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!