Friday, September 22, 2017

More Pillowcases Finished

With my co-workers help we got 6 more pillowcases finished. Woo Hoo!!
Day 1 with Miss Lauren and her kids.  Everyone is in on the action.
This was the perfect project for teaching straight line sewing.   They really enjoyed the project and it was for a good cause.  Because we sewed at school we had a few people come and comment on what we were doing and express and interest in also learning to sew. When the kids came in they picked which ones we would sew next and that was fun too.
Day 1 finished pillowcases.

There are still more cut and ready to sew so we will try to get more done next week. If I can borrow another machine I think we can have someone else join us at.

Day 2 finished pillowcase.  Forgot to get a picture of  Miss Anna sewing.
We made 3 pillowcases in 1.5 hours both days we sewed.  They asked how many I could make myself in 1.5 hours.  That is a good question!  I would assembly line sew and I am much more confident and sew faster overall and there are no pauses for explanation, so I am guessing I would get more done.  But the important part was encouraging others to sew and sharing the joy of sewing.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!