Monday, September 4, 2017

Design Wall Monday

Another hexagon got finished as a Leader & Ender while I was working on the Flower Baby Quilt.  I didn't have 6 of the same hexagons or even enough of the same greenish fabric, but I am the Queen of Make Do.  I had just 2 hexagons that were very similar in coloring and found a similar green print and I think it works just fine.
I still like it.

And I pulled out the red, white and blue fabrics to try again to make a backing for my red, white and blue star quilt.  This one has been waiting for a while.  Mostly because of the size.  I don't have anywhere to lay it out.
Red White & Blue

Middle E came home from college for the long weekend, so it got put on hold.  But for sure it is my next project.

Linking up with  Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to show what we are working on.

2 comments:

  1. Make Do is a great tool to have in the stitching bag. Looks good. I just had to lay out a large quilt that required pulling my sewing machine cabinet practically into my kitchen to get enough floor space. I have in the past used a large king sized sheet on the garage or patio floor to layout big quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hexagons. I like the scrappy look. I too am procrastinating on a project because it is too big for my design wall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!