Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stash Report 050414

Despite a super busy week I made progress on the quinceanos quilt that can be seen here and here.  All 128 signature blocks are done and are sewn in rows and sections, so I get to count that as fabric out!!  Yippee!  Good thing because I had fabric in this week.

Needed a red stripe for super hero aprons I am making for my co-teacher and I.  I had all the other colors I needed except for the stripe, so I thought that was pretty good.

The first place I went did not have a red & white stripe.  Not any stripes????  Even my 79-year-old father who was with me thought that was odd.  But I didn't leave empty handed.  Huge sales and I can use my teacher discount and get 15% more off, so I got some white on whites which I need to continue the Red, White and Blue quilt that got this far.  I felt like my mother.  She used to stock up on white on whites.  I have worked through almost all of hers.  Makes me kind of sad, but they are in a quilt that I will keep so that's okay.

The cute pink Eiffel Tower fabric is for my niece who is going to Paris this summer.  I will come up with something for her with that.  I haven't bought fabric in a long, long time so I didn't feel too bad getting 1/2 yard of something with no real plan.

Second stop had the red & white stripe.  Got my one yard and got out of there!

So here's the damage report.  My total is down a bit, but not much.  Not bad.  

Fabric Used This Week:  3.93 yards for the Quinceanos Quilt  - All Stash!! 
Total Used 201432.33 yards
Fabric In This Week:  5.5 yds 
Total Bought/Received in 2014: 12.75 yards
Net Used 2014: 19.58 yards

 Head on over to Patchwork Times to see some other numbers.


2 comments:

  1. The signature quilt is so fun. How neat that your dad understands about quilting fabrics.
    Your RWB quilt is amazing. I am glad that you were able to use your mom's fabric in a quilt, every time you use it, you will be able to wrap yourself up in a hug from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Q quilt. You deserved to buy a little fabric. We are both coming along, and will be in good shape after a few finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!