Monday, March 31, 2014

Surprise Progress on the Blue Blocks

It's a design floor again!

When I started the blue blocks at the end of our Spring Break I never thought that a week later I'd be done.  Just shows what a little determination can do.  I would definitely classify this as a busier than usual week.  But I made sure to try to get at least a few minutes sewing or cutting time in whenever there was a lull in the activities.

Woke up on Saturday to a rainy gloomy day.  I usually do the quieter prep part of sewing before everyone wakes up.  Since I was past the halfway mark on the blue blocks I just cut and cut to get the rest of them ready.  Once the girls were up and moving I started sewing.  No one had to go anywhere or do anything (other than homework) which is very unusual so I got to stay home almost all day.  Despite a few interruptions and having to make a side dish and dessert to take to the family dinner later, I was able to get them all sewn except 2.  Some were with directional fabric and some I had to squeeze out the last tiny bits of fabric to make it work, but overall my progress was steady.

Sunday afternoon I got the last two done.  I couldn't wait to lay them out and see.  Sure enough, it is just what I envisioned.  I am so pleased with it.  Turns out the original block that was all I had done when I picked this UFO to work on is a tad bit smaller than the others so I will have to make one more red star.  






And after seeing it all laid out I think I want to make a pieced border than will extend the blue chain and complete the blue chain square visually.  We'll see.  But surely as fast as the blue blocks went together I can come up with 20 or so half blocks without too much trouble.

Check out other design wall and floors at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!