Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stash Report 032314

I had the perfect backing for the blue & green baby quilt.  I believe it was leftover from the Green Memorial quilts that can be seen here.  I really liked this fabric, but I only had to think twice about using it as a backing now rather than in a top sometime in the future.  I also joined a bunch of batting strips and made a frankenbatting and was pleased to get that used up as well.

My motto for this year is "USE IT UP."  I inherited the packrat gene, so I have a lot to use up.  One quilt, one project at a time, I will get it used.

I had to go to the fabric store to buy thread since I ran out mid-quilting.  Since it was a variegated thread I thought I should at least attempt to find a match.  I found something close enough at my second stop.  Anyways, at my first stop I found remnants of flannel and cotton in cowboys & bandanas that would have made adorable burp cloths. But I came to my senses and realized that I don't have anyone to give them to, don't have time to make them, and on my current fabric budget don't have $ to buy it.  I figured that if I ever need cute burp clothes again I will go out and buy some cute fabric at that time.  So I am happy to report fabric out this week and not in!
Fabric Used This Week:  2.9 yards for blue & green quilt backing
Total Used 201419.6 yards


Fabric In This Week:  0 yds 
Total Bought/Received in 2014: 7.25 yards

Net Used 2014: 12.35 yards

Stop by Patchwork Times and see how others are doing with their stash.

4 comments:

  1. It is always fun to use stash fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the quilt. Piano key borders are my favorite. Congrats on staying strong in the quilt shops, sometimes it is very hard to leave a shop empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. Shopping just your stash can be hard, but it's so nice to see the "out" numbers get bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job sticking to your goals and frankensteining your batting - I do that from time to time and it is a great way to use all those scraps of batting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!