Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Flimsy at Last

Took longer than I had hoped but I finally got the top done.  R was home from college briefly, I was called in to work extra days, etc, etc but the delay worked out fine.  I had more time to think about getting the borders on since I was unable to sew so I changed my original plan and went with solid corners in the outer border. I like having more yellow to liven it up even more for a baby and it was easier. So when I finally got 15 min to sew again it was DONE!
Thanks to a situation that has been hanging overhead for ages reaching resolution the quilt doesn't have to be done by mid-March after all. Phew!  I am happier for the resolution than the postponing because it means that we are good for overseas travel again!!  So I can hand-deliver!!!! either the pink quilt or this quilt to the new niece or nephew in Guatemala this summer.  We are so excited!

Spring break is next week. I will have plenty of time to get it quilted and then get this quilt and the pink & purple quilt bound for sure.  I am eager to get back to the red, white and blue quilt

Found a great place to photograph the quilt while killing time waiting for Middle E's activity - a 20 min drive for a 1 hr meeting in a really out of the way place :(   Little S remembered the playground at the athletic field nearby and saved us from sitting in a parking lot!  The view from the top of the slide/bridge is perfect to get a nearly direct overhead shot.   I have a feeling we will be back!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off a finish.

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is so neat. I love the combination of your blocks. Good luck getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow corners are just perfect! How neat that you will be able to deliver one quilt or the other in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!