Monday, March 24, 2014

Sewing Blue Blocks at Last

I have been waiting and waiting to get started on the blue blocks.  I finished the red stars that can be seen here and here and here, but had to put off the blue blocks since other projects were higher priority.

The instructions for the blue blocks were for the use of a single blue and a single neutral.  I wanted mine to be scrappy - each block a different blue & neutral.  So it was a little bit of a slow start getting it worked out for a single block, but now I have a system down and I should be able to get the others done in my little bits of found time. 
I couldn't wait to get enough done to put them on the design wall - covering the quinceanos quilt that is still stalled!  I love the way it looks with the different reds, blues and neutrals.  Just how I envisioned it.  But I know that if I had made this back when I first started about 4 years ago or so it would not have come out this way.  My skills and tastes have definitely changed.





 I made myself finish the binding on the two baby quilts before I made many more blocks.  Now I can sew blue blocks without guilt that something else needs to be done first. Only 18 more blue blocks! This quilt is currently on the front burner now!

Linking up with Patchwork Times.  Head on over to see what's on some other design walls.

Also hooking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  It's not a finish, but since I had to work extra this week any progress is good.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love your use of multiple reds and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices, such a bright and fun quilt this is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - I love your scrappiness too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!