Sunday, March 2, 2014

Scrappy Challenge Near Finish

I almost got it done.   The center is finished.  I need a few more keys on the piano though.  Came up a little short there. 

I have a great excuse.  It is R's Spring Break and she is home from college for 5 days.  Yippee!  I would not trade that for anything.  Her sisters are loving it.  It is so nice to see them all together again.  Not sure when we will have her again, so we are taking advantage of every minute.

In this upside down picture you can see the January Scrappy Challenge block in the upper left and lower right.  The February Blocks are in the center of each outer side.  The 4 center blocks are stars made from the leftovers of my Smith Mountain Morning with a few adaptations to work with the scraps and colors for this quilt.  The upper right and lower left are churn dash blocks - making do with what I had.

It has to be completely finished by mid-March in order to get hand delivered to Guatemala for the new baby.  It will be.  After R leaves I will pour myself into it instead of moping around missing her!!

This was a good challenge for me.  Gave me something to focus on for a needed quilt instead of spending too much time agonizing over choosing the perfect design.  I enjoyed learning new units.  It all went together quickly.  I look forward to March's block.

See some other scrappy finishes at Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!