Friday, May 23, 2014

Busy Busy Busy

We were out of town last week so I didn't get a Friday Finish post written.  So now I have a lot to report.  The 7 hour one way trip enables me to get a lot of hand-sewing done.

1) Commissioned pillows.  These are the first 2 of a 6 pillow project. My client had 2 burlap bags with printing. The printing read correctly when the bags were in the vertical position. She wanted the pillows to be horizontal. There was just enough burlap to cut and piece it.  She had a rustic fringe to cover the seams on the front. Had to have zippers and be lined. Not the easiest things I have done but not the hardest either.  I am getting better at zippers in pillows. The client was very pleased with the results which makes me happy. 


Captain America for me.
2) Super Hero Aprons. We are finishing the year with a BANG! and a super hero/outer space theme.  The kids will come in their super hero shirts and I made aprons for my co-teacher and I.  We usually wear work aprons, but I don't think I will be wiping my glue-y, paint-y, sticky fingers on this one!  After looking at lots of ideas we went with the bib aprons.  Once I got in my mind how to do it it went together easily.  Have to say this is near the top of my lifetime list of clever projects. 

This project kind of confirmed for me that I am a "make it up as I go along" worker. I pretty much already knew that but I couldn't put a name to it. Now I know. It doesn't work for everyone. But it works for me. I know that I used to be a perfectionist. Then I moved overseas. So I think it comes from living overseas for so long where I did not have access to much to work with. So I "hoarded" what I had and made it work. 

Batman for Miss Kathy.  She has only seen this side.
Jimmy Johnson #48 is her real super hero and is a surprise on the back!


Flannel flowers on the back.


3) The baby is a girl.  I will take the pink quilt to Guatemala with us this summer.  And just because I was in the mood to do something different I made some pink and purple burp clothes.  Already had everything, so it was easy.  I went ahead and embroidered her name on it since I can and that seems to be all the rage now.




I looks blue,but it's really purple.
Hooking up with Crazy Mom Quilts 
and Confessions of a Fabric Addict
and Richard and Tanya Quilts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!