Monday, May 26, 2014

Star Of The Orient

Design Wall Monday 052614

The UFO that I have been working on has a real name.  I referred to it as Spinning Octagons because that's what it looks like to me, but I found the book that this pattern originally came from.  I knew I would still have it - 3 overseas moves later! It is called Star of the Orient. The corners in the book are like pineapple blocks. Hmmm. Not sure if I am up for that, but for now they are working great as Leaders & Enders.
The one of the right was the original block.  The 3 on the left I got done as Leaders & Enders.  Woohoo!  

I got the last of the commissioned pillows done. 2 plain squares with zippers and 2 rectangular ones with trim. That made the zipper tricky, but I think they came out pretty good. Another project - another lesson learned!

The really good news is that they are done before my work week begins and 4 days before deadline so I am free to sew something I want to sew or at least concentrate on work again.

Go check out some other design walls at  Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the Star of the Orient blocks! And you are not paper piecing them? They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. It starts with a half seam and then works around and comes back to finish the half seam. Very do-able.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!