Friday, May 2, 2014

As Finished As I Can Get It

I was determined to get the Quinceanos Quilt done. You can read more of the story here .  I knew I couldn't finish it completely but I wanted to at least get the rest of the individual blocks made even if they weren't signed yet.  Middle E was close enough to the end of getting the friends' signatures that I could estimate how many and just do it.   If there need to be more blocks they will go on the back and that's that.
Just when I thought I was good, she brought home more blocks than expected!  Unsewed and adjusted!!
I did not agonize over each color at the end. I just "went" with it and I think it "went" well. Interestingly enough the very last fabric used which is also nearly the center block was a little leftover strip from the backing of her big sister's quinceanos quilt which was made 7 years ago. No, I don't hang on to things long!!  
The last ...
two blocks!!











I got all the last blocks joined into rows and the rows joined into sections.  Middle E just has to carry around the entire 3 row section to get the last signatures now!  At least it won't get lost in the bottom of her backpack. 
Getting closer.

Overall I am pleased with the effect. It came out more or less like I imagined.  I can't wait until all the sections are joined. 
The top and bottom sections are not shown, but they are done!!
A true labor of love.  When all the rest of the signatures are done I will join the sections and get it really done.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and  Richard and Tanya Quilts  and    Crazy Mom Quilts

2 comments:

  1. very very cool, love your color choices

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a labor of love, and how awesome that you were able to incorporate some fabric from her sister's quilt leftovers! I bet all her friends will want one as they contribute their signatures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!