Sunday, April 27, 2014

Melting Fabric - Stash Report 042714

I got some sewing done.  Not much, not enough to finish a step or part of any project to report fabric used.

But I did get rid of fabric.  As I was working on the blank signature squares for the quinceanos quilt I realized that one particular fabric was melting when I ironed it.  No good.  That will not work.  Since about 99% of the fabric I have is scraps from someone or somewhere I don't usually know what kind of fabric it is.  This was a first though.  Definitely not a keeper.  I was glad to have figured it out before any were signed.  So I just threw it away.  Unsewed the edges I had already sewn on and threw the white squares away.  Found the piece of origin and threw it away too.  Yep, in the trash.  If it didn't work for me it was not going to work for anyone so I got rid of it.  Very risque.

Fabric Used This Week:  .3 yards melting fabric in the trash!!
Total Used 201428.4 yards
Fabric In This Week:  0 yds 
Total Bought/Received in 2014: 7.25 yards
Net Used 2014: 21.15 yards

Stop by Patchwork Times and see how others are doing with their stash.

4 comments:

  1. Your signature quilt is going to be such a special quilt with lots of happy memories. I don't think I have ever had any melting fabric, glad you found out before your quilt was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uck, melting fabric! Good you found it when you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When in doubt of the type of fabric, you could always try to burn a corner with a match. If it melts, it's junk. I think it works better than ironing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found out before they were signed. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!