Friday, April 18, 2014

Back in the Sewing Room


Last weekend was the big rummage sale for the preschool where I work.  That took a lot of time setting up and getting ready, so I had ZERO time at the sewing machine.  It was fun and successful so it was worth it.  But now I am ready to sew again.

No school today - for any of us!  I have a few housekeeping things and then I plan to sew, sew, sew.

Yesterday after school I worked at putting together a frankenbatting to use for this quilt for Hands 2 Help.

I had bought packaged batting, but when I started to look around I figured between my scraps and the bag of my mother's batting scraps I could probably piece together enough for this quilt. This year is all about using it up and getting it out.









Sure enough.  And I even got it done before heading back out to the various activities of the late afternoon and evening.  So today I just need to trim it up and it is ready.

The backing has been ready.  I had a bolt of a peachy fabric and the width was just right without having to piece.  Love it when that happens.  It is washed, dried, ironed and just waiting to be used.

Here's hoping for a complete finish by evening!!

UPDATE:  Quilting is done.  Woohoo!!  Too rainy for an outside picture, so this cramped close up will have to do for now.


Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Go check out some other finishes.




3 comments:

  1. HAHA, frankenbatting! I need to do that myself! Pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the frankenbatting...how did you piece it all together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of frankenbatting before, very appropriate. Love the quilt, a wonderful Hug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!