Monday, May 12, 2014

"My Turn, My Turn!"

Cleaning up my work space and found this project in a bag on the floor. The UFOs are together in a drawer so not sure why this one was out. Maybe it is yelling "My Turn, My Turn!"  I need a leader ender project while I am working on a commissioned project and this will work just fine.

I vaguely remember the start of this project. We were living on Moscow, Russia. Sr. G had gone to the USA and I had stayed behind   Can't remember why.  Pretty sure it was before R was born and she is 20!  Anyways, he brought me back a quilting book and this project was in it. 

Apparently the larger section is all that I had done.

But there were lots of pieces already cut. The paper and cardboard patterns were in the bag too. Funny to think I actually traced and cut with scissors all those pieces.

Not so funny when I see the lack of uniformity.  I wonder how they will turn out!  I started the 2 smaller sections to get a feel for how it goes together - no instructions in the bag.  I might still have the book, but I was able to figure it out without enough for now.  A tricky half-seam at the start of each round, but I think it is very much do-able.

The last UFO I pulled out was also just a single block.  Hmm.  I think I am sensing a trend!

Lots more design walls over at  Patchwork Times

3 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing....that it is it's turn! Look forward to seeing progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you continue, the one finished block is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a find... paper and cardboard templates and all. I really like the block and look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!