Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring Break Stash Report

Fabric In: More unloved fabric was rescued from getting thrown away at the thrift store for not getting sold during their time.  It was mostly bits & bobs with a few slightly larger pieces, but all useful.  When I was cleaning up my work space I worked on getting my stack of recent scraps trimmed up and worked into my Scrap Users System and got that stack mostly take care of as well.  Too random to measure so my guess is 1.5 yards.

Scraps headed into the Scrap Users System!

Fabric Out: Since we have stopped making masks (over 7,000 made and donated in 2 years!) I am starting to deal with the mask stash.  My sister has a co-volunteer at the thrift store who knows a group who needs 1 yard or larger pieces for a project.  I went through and pulled several good sized pieces I was unlikely to use myself.  I am curious what their project is.  I am envisioning the 3-yard quilts.  As I clean and organize and get more into the "no more mask making" mindset I'll keep pulling for them.  I am glad to find a local project to support.  Since the mask stash is separate, that does not count in the report, but it felt good to do.

Best $1.25 I have spent this year!

Much sturdier than the original plastic bag.

Actually out of my stash is a drawstring carry bag for our classroom "Game of Graces."  I got this at the thrift store about the time we were studying Florida pioneers at school.  It is more of a Colonial game which is not really early Florida, but the kids got the idea of playing without electronics.  They love it and play it at recess and even in the hallway while waiting to be called for dismissal.  (We are at the end of the hall and have high ceilings, so that's not as bad as it sounds!)  I dug through my heavier weight fabric and came up with this.  Now I won't worry about accidents from carrying around pointed sticks!   0.7 yards out (+ a drawstring & toggle from the mask supplies)

Fabric In This Week: 1.5 yards

Fabric In YTD: 14.5 yards

Fabric Out This Week: 0.7 yards

Fabric Out YTD: 7 yards

Stash Movement: 7.5 yards in

Not the direction I'd like, but still recoverable with a finish or two or three!

As far as time spent sewing ....... 

Since it was Spring Break I got to sew every day.  Even the day Little S and I went to Savannah to visit Teacher E I was able to sit with my feet up and do the hand stitching on a Dear Jane block when we got back.  I had hoped to get work prepped to make it easier during the coming week to sew, but that didn't happen.  Actually, everything that I did prep got used as leaders and enders between the Dear Jane blocks I worked on.  Maybe today I'll prep some more.  I finally got my work space cleaned up, so that should make it easier to get things done as well.

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing this week: 7/7

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in March 18/19

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in 2022: 68/78

Percentage: 87%

Linking up to Kate's Life in Pieces to share progress and stay accountable.



2 comments:

  1. the drawstring carry bag is pretty and very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a relaxing and productive week for you. I guess kids today don't play many non-electronic games anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!