Thursday, March 24, 2022

And the Winner Was ......

I followed the progress of the auction quilt online.  The class is different each year and it is hard to know how the families will respond.  This year was definitely a tougher sell.

After a slow start with no bids at all, I suggested they lower the starting bid from $100 to $60 to at least get some action going.  That did the trick.  It ended up going for $120.  Of course it is worth more than that, but since most of the supplies were purchased from thrift stores, it was mostly my time that went into it.  

No matter - it is a contribution to the school and the kids had a great experience sewing.  Administration sees my commitment and I can check that off my list for the year.  The winner definitely is deserving and will treasure it.  That's the most important part.

One year I offered a sewing lesson instead of a quilt and we made a pillowcase, but that 2 hours ended up being more stressful to me than making a cuddle size quilt.  We'll see how I feel next year when the carnival comes around again.  I always say no more, but then I do it anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!