Wednesday, January 17, 2018

UFO Challenge 011718 - Boxy Stars

My Boxy Stars finally has a back.  It has been waiting since last Spring at least. The plaid was one of the last purchases of the year from the thrift store.  It is perfect.  I'm so glad it worked out to wait on the finishing of this quilt.  There wasn't enough, so I added the pink to make it large enough.

I am so glad to finally have gotten the backing ready.  Now the quilting.  I am trying again with the machine and the frame.  I took am much as I could apart on the machine to try again to find out why the thread keeps breaking.  Deep down inside I found a thread trapped.  Hmmm?  I got it out and got the machine back together.

Boxy Stars nearing a finish.
It is doing much better, so I think I am on the right track with the fix.  Wasn't the thread, wasn't the tension, wasn't using a sheet as a backing, wasn't the needle, wasn't the free motion foot.  Seems like it was the stray thread where it didn't belong.  Slow and steady on this now.

Linking up to Jo's Country Junction to get some of the pesky UFOs taken care of. 

1 comment:

  1. Your Boxy Stars quilt is beautiful. So glad you figured out what was causing your thread problems.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!