Wednesday, January 3, 2018

UFO Challenge

Jo's Country Junction is having a challenge to get some UFOs finished.  I have been working hard since New Years to get things done that have been frustrating me.  I figured if I got them done early in the year instead of letting them really get me down, maybe I'd progress more overall.  It's worth a try.
Practice  Free Motion Quilting

I need to tackle the Strips that Sizzle that just keeps breaking the thread no matter what I try, but I worked on the alligator quilt instead.  It has the same thread-breaking problem, but is smaller.  So I took it off the frame and thought I'd try free motion quilting on my mother's machine that I use for regular stitching.  I has all the bells & whistles for free motion feature but I've never tried since the other machine has been easier in the past.
Ready to trim and bind

I did it, but I don't know that I would do it again.  Or maybe I just need more practice.  Sometimes I would get in a groove and it was smooth sailing and other times it was "toenail catchers."  It was a good experiment.  Now I know that this is NOT an option for finishing the Strips that Sizzle - and the quilt is ready for binding.  So it served its purpose and is nearly off the UFO list.

Linking up to Jo's Country Junction to show progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!